Thursday, May 14, 2009

Blog 8

This is another blog about one of my favourite books, the Last Olympian. As you may have read in my previous blogs, the Last Olympian is the final book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. Lately, I've been pondering about the final prophecy the new Oracle says. "Seven half-bloods shall answer the call. To storm or fire, the world must fall. An oath to keep with a final breath. And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death." This was supposed to be the next great prophecy. Then I though of the prophecy that Percy got himself. That on his 16th birthday, he was going to have a choice to save the world or help Kronos conquer it. And if he chooses right, there would be a final battle. And only 1 could survive. Later the prophecy tells about the hero's soul that the cursed bade would reap. Originally Percy thought he was the Hero, but he wasn't. Luke was.

Now thinking about that prophecy, it reminds of another prophecy from another great book. Harry Potter. If I'm not mistake, I'm pretty sure that the prophecy was the Harry and Voldemort were to battle each other in the end, and only one could survive. I find that quite ironic, as the prophecies are quite similar. I guess all great books think alike!

Powered by: Blogger | Designed by Ismail | Copyright 2008 © All rights reserved.