Thursday, May 14, 2009

Blog 9

The book I am currently reading is Pendragon Before the War. This book is one of the special spin off series, and this one is off my favourite series, Pendragon. The first book of the series contains 3 stories of travellers and how they lived their life before they found out that they were travellers and was on a mission to help save the world. In this book, the three travellers are Keesha (a klee, that's like a black panther) from Eelong, Gunny (a guy from the 1930s) from First Earth, and Vo Spader (a guy who lives in this ocean world) from Cloral. Although they aren't the first travellers Bobby meeys, they are all very important they were all parts of the 5th Pendragon book, Black Water.

Although the book isn't very bad, it isn't as good as the Pendragon books are themselves. I think I like Pendragon a lot because I like reading the view in Bobby's perspective, he's funny and he really makes you think. He connects with you a lot and he has thoughts that you would have if you experienced the brink of the destructions of the worlds.

Unlike that, these stories are good, but they aren't the same Bobby style, Keesha is too serious and strict, she doesn't really have any humour, and her world is just way too weird. (as in Eelong) I wouldn't reccomend reading this book unless you are a die hard Pendragon fan. In fact, I'm finding it hard to read the book myself, homefully once i get to Gunny's story, it will be better. Gunny usually finds a way to make me laugh.

So far, I would have to give the book a rating of

Powered by: Blogger | Designed by Ismail | Copyright 2008 © All rights reserved.