Sunday, April 5, 2009

Blog Challenge 3

Alright, this time the challenge is to review a book's front cover. So I decided to review the City of Glass, just because I'm currently reading it and it's really good. Like the other books, it carries the same format where you have a person in the middle, a quotoe on the person's body (not on pictures), a city underneath him/her and the Title, Author, Series stuff. I like the fact that the series's cover all carry the same format, because then you can relate to the other books you already read.

Out of the three covers, the City of Glass probably has the brightest City while the other 2 look dark and evil. The colour is very well put in and although you may not be able to tell, the covers are also shiny. And shiny stuff are cool. SHINY!!! Anyways, the third cover features a guy with a sword on the back, and if you hadn't read it yet, you'd think it was Alec, (at least I did) and that Alec would become a more main character. Now that I'm halfway, I think the guy is actually Sebastian Verlac, a totally new character just introduced in Book 3, and I just found out that he isn't who you think he is...

The font is always the same on the covers, I like that because too many fonts make it less attracting. The "City of Glass" part is also texturized so you can feel it on the cover. The cover kind of fits the story and although Sebastian has been a part of the story so far, Clary and Jace have been hogging the spotlight.

I give this book cover a rating of

Powered by: Blogger | Designed by Ismail | Copyright 2008 © All rights reserved.