Saturday, April 11, 2009

Blog #4

I was finally able to finish the City of Glass after all these Easter parties with my parent's friends. Still, the City of Glass is still a great book and is the most intense out of the whole 3. I'd think that it's probably because all the shadowhunters are at stake this time, as the second book was just about stopping Valentine from getting a sword. (They failed anyway) There are so many secrets revealed too. But I'm not going to tell you all of it, but this book is almost like a movie, I can almost hear that dramatic music when something scary is about to happen.

I was wondering why Jace could jump higher than the CN tower (literally, if you let him try, he could). When I read that it was because Valentine had put demon blood into his son, I bet every reader thought it meant Jace. Then there's Sebastian, and although it was still a shock when I found out he was evil, I kind of saw it coming. The big shock was when I found out who he actually was and who Jace actually isn't.

At first, I thought there might be another book, but when I read the Author's Note, I was dissapointed to find out that it was going to be the last in the trilogy. Still, there's a possibility for a sequel because Sebastian's body was never found. I'm hoping there is and that they call the next book the City of Clouds or Sky, and have the story involve more angels. We only meet Ithuriel, a tortured angel that Valentine caught and took his blood to give to Jocelyn to eat(which affected Clary). Then we meet the legendary goddess (well actually god, it turns out he's a guy) Raziel. He's not the typical angel you think about though, he's pretty mean too and seems angry that he was summoned.

Valentine? He's a gonner, and as powerful as the book describes him, I don't think he can regenerate after being shot through the chest by an angel flame, it said that you could see through the hole in the stomach and see the other side clearly. All his demons that he controlled left after that, probably deserted cause they didn't want to fight in the first place.

Alec is now officially gay, and I'm surprised that his parents don't really care. (Well if they did, the book didn't say anything about it. Magnus Bane would be his partner which is wrong in my opinion. Magnus did help a lot in the story as he did awaken Jocelyn from her sleep. Simon the vampire survived the battle and became a true vampire, but he wants to go back to NYC and try to live a normal life. Isabelle is pretty much the same although she is still sad that Max died. Poor Max. (Isabelle and Alex (Alec's) brother).

Overall, this one of the best books I've read in a long time and deserves a

Powered by: Blogger | Designed by Ismail | Copyright 2008 © All rights reserved.