Monday, April 13, 2009

Blog #4 part 2

I know I've been reading it, but I can't really get into it. Pendragon #9, the ninth of tenth book in what I'd say my favourite series (tops the mortal instruments). Pendragon is really good, but I can't really get into book 9 Raven Rise, like I did on the other books. I guess it's not really fair for Pendragon because as soon as I started reading it, I began the Mortal Instruments which was fresh, so I really liked it. Pendragon was still good, and I read 30 pages every 2 nights.

It got harder to pick it up instead of the City of Ashes later because a combination of the City of Ashes really getting good and Pendragon starting to get all cosmic and hocus pocus. It kind of lost the old action from the other books, with the secrets and funny humour. Then again, the stakes were getting really scary, unlike other stories where the world was in danger, in this book the worlds were in danger. What I found the spookiest was how Saint Dane had predicted every thing to happen, from his first failure on Denduron, to getting Denduron back and starting the Convergeance.

Then again, I also liked reading Pendragon because I liked the fact that they were winning and Saint Dane looked defeated. Then came the 7th book and things started to crash down. I still liked the 7th and 8th book because they wer still kind of winning, but in the 9th book, they just lose. Loads of travelers are gone now not to mention Spader and Gunny still trapped on Eelong.

And the world of Pendragon is getting really confusing with the time control that Saint Dane has comes in. Apparently he can control when he wants to pop out of the flume, but that means he could defeat the world when it was at it's early stages. Then there are the Earth's and there different times. 1st earth is in 1940s while 2nd earth is in 2000s and then 3rd earth is all the way into the 51st century! The numbering is also messed up because 3rd earth is the oldest, but they way they call it, it only makes sense if 1st earth was oldest.

Pendragon book 9: Raven Rise whould be a good book, but right now I can only give it awhich by the way is a 2/5

Powered by: Blogger | Designed by Ismail | Copyright 2008 © All rights reserved.