Sunday, April 5, 2009

Blog #3

After finishing the City of Bones, it didn't take me long to go get the second book in the series City of Ashes. At the book store, I was lucky to find the third (and sadly final) book of the series the City of Glass. I knew that the City of Glass was already out (the 3rd book), but seeing it there at the book store was still a surprise. I finished City of Ashes really quickly because I wanted to start reading City of Glass, I can tell you right now that I'm halfway finished City of Glass, it's only been a week since I gotten them too.

For this blog, I'm mostly going to talk about the City of Ashes. There's a few new secondary characters that play a role in the story, I think it got off to a faster start than City of Bones mainly because we knew who everybody was and how the story worked. A short summary would be that Valentine has gotten the 2nd Mortal Instrument (Big Surprise...) the Sword. And he's only using the sword to get control of powerful demons for his army, which kind of makes me confused because demons were originally his enemy next to downworlders. So, he already controls a few demons with help from the Mortal Cup, but with the sword, he can summon as much demons from whatever dimension they come from as he wants. I find that weird because he originally wanted to kill the downworlders so when the demons attack, the Shadowhunters wouldn't have to worry about downworlders and just fight the demons off. But apparently, Valentine can control all these demons like puppets with a Mortal Sword and a Cup which the Shadowhunters had. Basically, I'm thinking that Valentine's real plans are way different then what he says he wants, I think that he's in league with the demons and is trying to not only conquer Earth, but other dimensions and worlds.

A few major things happened in the story, the main one would be Simon turning into a vampire. I think it was quite ironic that Simon turned into a vampire because he was scared of them after being kidnapped by them when he was a rat. (Sounds crazy, I know but read the book then you will get it) Simon seems to be okay though even though he's dead. Although he misses sunlight a lot. Until the end, when for some mysterious, magical, magnificent, mischief reason he can go under sunlight again...

I think the City of Ashes was a good book and I can't wait to read the City of Glass. For the City of Ashes, I would gie it a

Powered by: Blogger | Designed by Ismail | Copyright 2008 © All rights reserved.