Thursday, March 26, 2009

Blog Challenge #2 Website Review

My favourite author would be hard to say but one of my favourite authors, DJ MacHale had to be the author website I would be reviewing because I'm currently pretty obsessed with the Pendragon Series. Its website address is http://www.thependragonadventure.com/

My first time ever even seeing the book was during last summer when I saw my friend carrying with him the newly published Book 9 Raven Rise. But I never actually thought reading it until school started. I was at Indigo anyways to get a book club book when I came across it and thought why not, the typical book is about 400-500 pages. I finished it in about 3 days and started to buy more and more of the series. I read Book 4 in the night I got it, stayed up till 2 pm I think. I was actually pretty dissapointed that the good guys (Bobby and his friends) actually lost but it was still a really good book. I read book 6 7 8 in about a week and now I just got book 9 and am almost finished, although I don't find book 9 as good as the others, the stakes have been raised and the a lot of scary secrets have been learnt. And like all good books, the Universe is about to crumble...

Anyways, this is a website review not a book review so onto the site. The first thing I see when I get onto the site, is what I wanted to see. Really exciting news. I didn't think book 10 would be out for a while, but the first thing you see in the website is the cover of book 10 and the title: The Soldiers of Halla. Then as you scroll down, you see the clock countdown to when the book comes out May 12th, that's only a bit more than a month away! Then at the bottom of the home page, there is a very cool, very creative links for the 10 books with the spines of the book being shone, but if you hover the mouse over the spine, you get the whole cover. Clicking the link then gets you more information about the book, and a sneak peek of it.

It is full of great content and I actually learnt a lot after exploring the website. The series now has a mini trilogy named Pendragon: Before the War and it's own graphic novel for the first book the Merchant of Death. The layout of the site is very well planned and the links to all the important stuff are easily found. Unfortunately, there is no search bar, but there is a quick links area where it's like a mini slidewhow to show you parts of the website where you may not have known was there. I like all the sneak peeks and videos about the books. A great feature would have to be the forums where the fans are able to ask the author questions. Loading time would be a hard one but on my internet, it's so fast it's about less than a second. So fairly fast. They also have many contests and news that may interest people.

I think a lot of people should go visit this site because if you're already a Pendragon fan, you'll love all the unique features. But if you're not, you could easily get into the book and become a Pendragon fan.

I'd give this webiste a

Powered by: Blogger | Designed by Ismail | Copyright 2008 © All rights reserved.