Thursday, March 26, 2009

City of Bones Blog Final

All right, my group isn't finished the book yet but I couldn't stop reading so I finished the book. I'll be doing my blog on the book after it's finished. First of all, I have to tell you how surprised I was when I found out that Jace and Clary were brothers and sisters. I guess I should of saw it coming, but now that I think about it, it makes so much sense that Valentine was the one who Jace grew up with and that Valentine didn't actually burn Johnathon Christopher up. Johnathon Christopher, Jace, Sound alike? Not only do they sound like, they are alike. J.C. (initials) sounds like Jace! But that doesn't mean Jace is Clary's father, Clary's father is also Valentine!!! Very, very intense. Although Clary ends up saving her mom, the book ended on a sad (will like the bad guys won) note. Unfortunately, Valentine had gotten the Mortal Cup and had gotten away into the portal to Idris, the City of Glass. The book sadly stops there but I read the preview of the City of Ashes and found out that Alex and Isabelle's mom returns and their brother Max.

Hodge, the mentor of Alex Isabelle Max and Jace was an interesting character. I thought of him as a smart, wise, strong teacher with knowledge and happiness. Turned out he was mad old freak who helped Valentine get the Mortal Cup with out being an impostor or a fake person. I found him to be really wimpy for being a traitor just to get released from his curse. Now he has a even bigger curse as the Shadowhunters will be hunting for him now.

Now that I think about it, if Clary's parents were Shadowhunters, she should be a Shadowhunter too right? So does that mean she will get to learn how to slay demons and fight? That would be really cool if she had her own powers, because she depends too much on the others.

Clary's friend Simon seemed to be extremely depressed and mad after Clary revealed how she didn't have any feelings for him. I found it weird how Simon actually did some for Clary even though she didn't do anything for him. Clary called Simon like 6 hours after the incident to help drive Clary and the gang to her house to get the Mortal Cup, I was expecting Simon to say no, but surprisingly he agreed to help them.

I really enjoyed reading the City of Bones and I hope I'll be able to get the City of Ashes and the City of Glass (I read somewhere it was out) on the weekend. I give the book overall anSteven Gerrard 5/5!!!

Powered by: Blogger | Designed by Ismail | Copyright 2008 © All rights reserved.