Monday, June 1, 2009

Blog 11

Although it's been out for a week, a finally got the last book of by far one of my favourite series, the Soldiers of Halla from the Pendragon series. I was also looking for the second book in the Hunger Games, Catching Flames, but was dissapointed to find out it came out in September. Book 10 (SoH) was really good and it only took me 5 days to finish, but wasn't as good as I thought it would be. I think the main reason was that the author DJ Machale stopped using Bobby's humour as often. Bobby is still funny and everything, but in Book 1, he had that type of sarcasm and always made thing more funny. Now that he knew about everything and was able to understand the concepts of Halla and Solara, he seems more serious. He still makes jokes but their usually cheesy followed by the words. "so and so chuckled" I don't see why people chuckle, I think it's way different than laughing. Actually I think it's probably because I keep thinking of some annoying chucle in my head, and it gets annoying, especially when the joke's cheesy.

Otherwise the book was great.

I mean it had a slow start, but that was mainly because it had to explain most of the secrets that has driven me crazy. Starting off with Bobby being an alien from a place called Solara, then it starts getting hocus pocus abput spirits and I won't get into detail and you can read it yourself. The main thing is that all the travellers are back together, even some of the dead ones. The battle goes to third earth, the final territory left. Saint Dane thinks he has won. What I find interesting is that Bobby interacts with some of the travellers but not all of them. He starts with Patrick the traveller from third earth, before going to cloral where he finds Spader. They then go to zaada finding Loor and find Elli the traveller from Quillan. Together they go back to third earth before bobby goes to Eelong by himself where he finds Keesha. Gunny from first earth makes short appearances in Eelong. That leaves Alder from Denduron, Siry of Ibara, Aja Killian of Veelox. Although Alder has made a lot of appearances in the series, Siry was only in the eigth book and Aja was in the 4th and 8th.

Awesome book and even with the cheesy jokes, still gets a

Powered by: Blogger | Designed by Ismail | Copyright 2008 © All rights reserved.