Friday, May 22, 2009

Blog 10

The Last Olympian was a fun book to read, and was one of my favourite books ever. Yet every time I read a Percy Jackson book. I always find it easy to believe the greek mythology could exist in our world, that monsters were everywhere, and that demigods exist. That is until after I am finished reading the book and start reflecting about my favourite parts, the secrets that have been answered, and the places that don't make sense. The last olympian has a lot of cool facts about greek mythology, but when you add so much detail, it's hard to believe that people have never seen them before, especially because they sometimes actually interact with humans and walk beside them. Another part is the fact that if Greek Mythology was real, why don't people believe them today, Zeus said they were more powerful in western civiliztion, but nobody believes in him. Whereas in Ancient Greek Civilization, they had shrines, temples and more all dedicated to them. Finally, people keep saying that nobody has ever cheated death from Hades and escaped the underworld, but I think that Percy had escaped at least 3 times in this series. Not saying it's a bad book, but after reflecting a bit, I think that you get to understand the book a bit more.

Powered by: Blogger | Designed by Ismail | Copyright 2008 © All rights reserved.