Friday, May 1, 2009

Blog Challenge! The FREEZER...

This week's blog's challenge is to write about a book that was either so scary, so good or for whatever reason that you were forced to put it into a freezer and stop reading it. (We didn't actually have to put anything into the freezer but I would love to try putting a cookbook in there). Now I was thinking if I would do a scary book instead, but books don't really scare me. I may not read much scary books, but I don't get scared by reading, sure you picture the event in your head, but you don't find it as realistic, as detailed. Now scary movies are different, especially loud sounds and surround sound, when I hear explosions or scary music at a movie, it is way scarier. Instead, I chose a book that I couldn't put down and because of it, I kept forgetting to do my other stuff.

The book I chose was Pendragon books 6-8, this actually went on for 2 weeks, I got all 3 books as a gift and I started reading immediately. The first book (book 6) took 6 days because it was still busy and I had family over and we had a packed schedule. So I would read most of the book during the night and would usually stay up until midnight before my mom would start threatening to take away my laptop. (Sometimes I would keep reading anyways). Book 7 was worse, especially because things were looking bad in the story. I found myself reading everytime there was a break and would sometimes ignore my cousins. It took me like 3 days to finish. When I started Book 8, my cousins left, but I still had a lot of homework to do before school started. I found myself reading the book in my freetime while my mom kept asking me if I had anything homework. I'd keep saying I would do it later. It was 2 days left before school started when my mom took the book from me, just when I was at the good part too! I wonder if she put it in the freezer, cause I tried to find it...

Powered by: Blogger | Designed by Ismail | Copyright 2008 © All rights reserved.