Sunday, April 26, 2009

Blog #5

It's been a while, but I haven't been reading as much lately. I had a lot of homework, and sometimes I just forgot to put something into my blog. My main book that I am reading right now is still Pendragon 9, but I am really close to finishing and am actually starting to like it.

Pendragon is interesting to me because I really like how the story describes about other dimensions of how the world really works and how time actually affects us. After learning a lot more about how our world works and how physics is so confusing and weird. It's sometimes scary to think about what might happen. Because nothing impossible, and at anytime of any moment, the sun could have a hyper-radiactive flare and destroy our whole solar system 8 minutes before we see it ourselves! (After watching the Knowing, I keep thinking that might happen).

Anyways, Pendragon isn't just some normal adventure children's book, the more I find out about the time facts and the other worlds and dimensions of "Halla". For some people, this concept is just plain rubbish. But, everytime I read it, I think I understand everything that D J MacHale wanted the Pendragon world to be like. I like it how the worlds are all in different time zones and they all have "flumes" connecting each other. But, then there's all the things that don't make sense or haven't been cleared yet like how you can control time, and death and if you were Saint Dane (antagonist) you wouldn't just use all your powers instead of distracting Pendragon all the time. I'm waiting for the final book to come out, Pendragon 10 the Warriors of Halla to come out for all the answers to these secrets.

The other book that I kind of read was The Ranger's Apprentice 2 The Burning Bridge. It's a good book, but after reading the Mortal Instruments, I can't really like the boring literature and the crude humour of this book that's written like a fantasy book. I think there's just too much describing of Will's abilities, because I find a lot of what the book says to be cheesy like how Will can't picture what would happen next and how they ask each other the dumbest questions ever.

Another bad part about the Ranger's Apprentice is it's homour, it's just not funny. I think I used to like this book when it described the disciplining of Will more. I will probably start liking it later, but right now, I'm not even going to try. Ranger's Apprentice not what I'd expected.

Rating for Pendragon


Rating for Ranger's Apprentice

Powered by: Blogger | Designed by Ismail | Copyright 2008 © All rights reserved.