Tuesday, March 10, 2009

City of Bones Extra!!!

When reading, I often think of food or a song when I come across a part. Sometimes when listening a song while reading, your think of the book every time you hear the song again. There's been studies trying to prove that music is a part of memory and can make you smarter. For example, while reading Harry Potter the Goblet of Fire, I was unfortunately listening to an extremely weird song that had a pretty powerful tune. Now, every time that song comes up, it always reminds me of dragons and Chocolate Frogs... Food is different, usually it's when I read it, it makes me want to eat it. Like the Hunger Games was a wild survival where food had to be gathered or hunted, this reminded me of the 100 mile diet and Survivorman.(Best show ever)

So The City of Bones was an interesting choice, but if you saw the fan trailer I posted on before, there was really good music that although wasn't too good, it got stuck in my head and that's all I've been thinking while I read the book. (BTW the name is "Guide to Marine Life" It's pretty good) Generally, I don't really think about food when I read, but it kind of made me want to get some junk food, but it wouldn't let me cause the action took forever to slow down. This book reminds me of a lot of movies and books, the Percy and the Olympians are one of the names that comes up.(The Lightning Thief is coming out as a movie soon!) Speaking of movies, the book definitely needs to become a movie. Then there's my favourite part of relating the characters to players, for some reason. After seeing the "Jace" character in the trailer, he seriously looks like Fernando Torres!

Powered by: Blogger | Designed by Ismail | Copyright 2008 © All rights reserved.